Content Writer - Freelance
Bluebridge is a software as a service company that provides mobile tools to help organizations engage and communicate with their audience and communities.
We work with organizations like Churches, Visitor & Travel Organizations and Colleges to help them connect their content with people's pockets. We love helping our customers create awesome, polished apps so they can better communicate.
Bluebridge is defined by continual improvement—not only of the products and services we deliver to our clients, but also of ourselves. Each member of our team is held to the same expectations: keep learning, experimenting, and iterating. Succeed or fail, but grow by it either way. Collaborate and ask questions. Be resourceful. Be restless. Have fun. We believe the joy you take in your work will be reflected in the outcome.
For a tech company, we’re deeply, unashamedly human. We make time for each other. We tell jokes, stay late together, eat meals together—sometimes over a tough project, sometimes at the bar down the street. We’re a team of self-starting individuals with a knack for cooperation and collaboration. We work (really) hard every day, but we also know when it’s time to take a break. We place a high value on personal connections amongst ourselves, our clients, and the outside world.
We are seeking a dedicated professional freelancer who is a great writer and an even better project manager. You’ll produce a lot of content—around 15 pieces per month—while managing revision cycles, meeting deadlines, and learning as much as you can about our various markets.
You’ll take our brainstorms and bullet points and turn them into exceptional content that resonates with our audiences. You’ll deal heavily with tourism marketing, church communications, higher education/student communications and mobile technology. You’ll have an opportunity to contribute to our content-forward approach to marketing and to make an impact in markets that are largely underserved from a content perspective.
- Produce ~15 compelling, sharable blog posts per month while maintaining quick turnaround time and strict attention to deadlines
- Optimize all content for SEO value and maximum impact
- Become knowledgeable in the areas of tourism marketing, church communications, higher education/student communications and mobile technology
- Skillfully adapt messages to a variety of target audiences
- Repurpose blog content for whitepapers, eBooks and other mediums
- Gather supporting content (stats, examples, quotes, etc.) whenever necessary
- Maintain Bluebridge’s “voice” in all content produced
- Proven writing skills with a healthy list of past publications
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A good self-editor, producing near-perfect work every tiem (aside from the occasional typo, of course)
- The ability to understand and connect with a variety of audiences, adapting tone, messaging and focus for each
- Ability to translate notes, suggestions, and outlines into fully-formed pieces with little additional oversight
- Previous work in our market areas of focus is a plus